10 Feb 2022
Names : Theogene Dusingizimana, PhD
Department : Food Science and Technology
Position : Lecturer
Academic rank : PhD
Area of specialization : Human Nutrition
Telephone : +250 788503028
Email : T.Dusingizimana@ur.ac.rw ; email@example.com
PhD, Nutritional Science, Massey University, New Zealand (2021).
M.Sc. Nutrition and Rural Development (main subject : Human Nutrition), Gent University, Belgium (2012).
B.Sc. (Hons) Food Science and Technology, (former) Kigali Institute of Science and Technology, Rwanda (2009).
1. Dusingizimana T, Weber JL, Ramilan T, Iversen PO, Brough L. A Mixed-Methods Study of Factors Influencing Access to and Use of Micronutrient Powders in Rwanda. Glob Health Sci Pract. 2021 ;9(2):274-285. doi : 10.9745/GHSP-D-20-00422
2. Dusingizimana, T., Weber, J., Ramilan, T., Iversen, P., & Brough, L. (2020). A qualitative analysis of infant and young child feeding practices in rural Rwanda. Public Health Nutrition, 24(12), 3592-3601. doi:10.1017/S1368980020001081
3. Dusingizimana T, Weber JL, Ramilan T, Iversen PO, Brough L. An empirical study of factors associated with height-for-age z-scores of children aged 6-23 months in northwest Rwanda : the role of care practices related to child feeding and health. Br J Nutr. 2020 Dec 10:1-12. doi : 10.1017/S0007114520004961
4. Ongol M.P, Owino J, Lung’aho M, Dusingizimana T., Vasanthakaalam H. Micro-Mineral Retention and Anti-Nutritional Compounds Degradation During Bean Cooking Process. Curr Res Nutr Food Sci 2018 ; 6 (2). Doi : http://dx.doi.org/10.12944/CRNFSJ.6.2.27
5. Chagunda, M., Mujibi, F., Dusingizimana, T., Kamana, O., Cheruiyot, E., & Mwai, O. A. (2018). Use of High Density Single Nucleotide Polymorphism (SNP) Arrays to Assess Genetic Diversity and Population Structure of Dairy Cattle in Smallholder Dairy Systems : The Case of Girinka Programme in Rwanda. Frontiers in genetics, 9, 438. doi:10.3389/fgene.2018.00438
6. Matsiko F., Kanyange C., Ingabire G., Dusingizimana T., Vasanthakaalam V., Kimonyo A. (2016) Detection and Quantification of aflatoxin in cassava and maize flour sold in Kigali open markets, Rwanda. International Food Research Journal 24(1) : 459-464
1. Dusingizimana T, Weber JL, Ramilan T, Iversen PO, Brough L. A Mixed-Methods Study of Factors Influencing Access to and Use of Micronutrient Powders in Rwanda. Micronutrient 5th Global Conference 2020 : CONNECTED, November 8–13, 2020.
2. Martin Patrick Ongol, Joseph Owino, Eugenie Kayitesi, Theogene Dusingizimana, Vestine Uwiringiyimana, Valens Habimana, Vincent Ndayambaje. Retention of micro-minerals and degradation of anti-nutritional compounds during the traditional Rwandan bean cooking process. Proceedings of Micronutrient Forum Global Conference, June 2–6, 2014, doi : 10.9734/EJNFS/2015/21250.
James Lee, Theogene Dusingizimana, Francoise Umutoni (2016) Understanding consumer demand for nutritious foods in Nyanza district, Rwanda : Summary of findings : Market research Report. On behalf of the Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) for activities supported by the U.S. Agency for International Development (Grant No. GHA-G-00-06-00002). https://www.usaid.gov/sites/default/files/documents/1860/GAIN%20Summary%20Focused%20Ethnographic%20Survey%20Report.pdf
Tweets by College of Agriculture, Animal Science and Veterinary Medicine
College of Agriculture, Animal Science and Veterinary Medicine Social Media
Subscribe and get our newsletter inbox.